NY Times Sesame Noodles W/Chicken & Peanuts modified by GTM
- 1 ½ T Red-pepper Flakes
- 1 ½ T Low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- ⅓ C(Cup) plus 1 T Grapeseed Oil-original recipe calls for ½ Cup
- 8 T coarsely chopped Roasted Peanuts-original recipe 6 T
- Rind of ½ Orange, peeled into 2-3″ strips
- Pound of ground or thinly sliced Chicken
- 10-12 oz Ramen or Udon Noodles
- 10.3 T finely chopped Chives
- Peas or chopped Carrots- not in original recipe
- In medium heatproof bowl, stir together first 3 ingredients and set next to stovetop.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. In 12″ skillet over medium heat, cook ⅓ C oil, peanuts and Orange Rind, shaking pan occasionally until Peanuts gold and bubbling 3-5 minutes. Immediately pour contents of skillet over red-pepper mixture being careful of spattering and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 T Grapeseed oil over med-high heat. Add Chicken, pressing down w/wooden spoon into thin layer. Season w/salt & pepper and cook w/out stirring until browned 5-7 minutes. Break Chicken up into small pieces, stirring until cooked through, 1-2 more minutes.
- While Chicken cooks, cook noodles per package directions , until chewy but not soft. Drain & toss w/bit of Sesame Oil.
- Remove and discard orange rind from Chile Oil. Off heat, add Chile Oil to Chicken and stir to coat, scraping any brown bits from pan. Add peas and/or carrots. Add noodles and toss to coat. Top w/Chives and serve at once.